Monday, May 18, 2009

Highlights of the Day

I sat down...a lot today. This whole weekend has been a marathon of studying, which I swear is more difficult for me then if I were to actually train for the real thing. I'm mostly looking forward to not having to sit down for prolonged periods of time once this semester is done. :)

My Food Microbiology final was excruciatingly difficult. I somehow managed to spend my entire weekend studying the wrong stuff, or at least everything that she decided not to put on the exam. That put me in a sour mood, so I headed to barnes and noble for some therapy in the form of a grande soy latte and a couple new books to read once school lets out. :)


I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan, and can't wait to read this one. And the Omnivore's Dilemna has been on my to read list ever since I read In Defense of Food. Loved it! I can't wait to read this one as well. :)

My two foodie highlights of the day were another caffeine drink. My first goal after staying up late studying isn't a priority is to wean myself off the stuff. I like to enjoy it on the weekends or special occasions...not as a "I need this daily" thing which I've been doing lately. Twas really, really good though. :)

And my other foodie fave of the day was this grilled turkey and avocado sandwich with mustard, lettuce and tomato. I'm in love with whole foods whole wheat sourdough bread. It's the best when lightly toasted and crispy. Mmm...


I'm ending here to go chill a bit. I know I should study more for tomorrow's chemistry final but I just don't have it in me at this point. I'm completely drained, and all I can think about is reading in my pjs. Or running. But since it's dark out by this point, it's just not an option. Pretty soon I can go for a long morning run again. I've realized that not being able to run makes me crave it even more. I go through periods where I consider giving it up. Those moments are short lived of course, because after a couple of days of not running, I go practically insane. My running sneakers are a part of me now, and I can't imagine life without them. Running truly does become part of your identity.
Exercise: 6-mile walk, spread out into two walks. My only break from sitting, and it was much, much, much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment