Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend With the Couch

What I'm most looking forward to once I finally finish up finals is having my weekends free. I spent most of my weekend here:


The only list of reasons I had for not studying was to exercise and to pick up eggs from the farm. How's that for a highly eventive weekend? Ha...only two more days of this and then I'm done though. I think I can handle it. ;)

There were some good eats along the way too. On Saturday, I first did a 2-miler in these...it was perfect outside. I had on my running skort and tank top and felt like I could run forever. But I had to stick to my own rules of not doing too much, and I knew my mom and I had planned a 4-mile walk for later so I should stick to the 2-mile run. So I did...and enjoyed it immensely. :)


The good food came in at lunch where I gobbled up more then another serving of this shrimp pasta salad with carrot sticks and cauliflower. It was the perfect summery lunch.

And today for lunch we made steak on the grill. I've been more and more concerned about where we get our meat choices from. I guess you could say it's one of those things I'm more then happy to spend a little more money on. I picked this beef sirloin steak up at whole foods. No antiobiotics...vegetarian fed...no hormones...local. I was happy with the purchase. And maybe it's all in my head, but does it maybe even taste better?

Thumbs up from the parents! :)

I also had three super-size me salads spread throughout the weekend. I couldn't get enough veggies, and this one was extra special with avocado, orange bell peppers, garbanzo's, honey kashis, orange segments, green bell peppers, etc. It had the works and hit the spot when I needed my veggie fix. :)

There was also some chocolove along the way. This was the last of the bar (insert sad face here,) which just warrants another trip to whole foods very soon (insert happy face here.)


I definitely can't say it was the most eventful weekend ever. I was glued to the couch for most of it! But I'm glad that I was at least able to run, walk and eat some good food too. Next weekend I have shopping plans and some good ol' relaxin' and recoopin' from homework for sure.

Tomorrow I have my Food Microbiology final at 8 in the morning. My breakfast is sitting in the fridge (can you guess what it is?) and before I know it I'll be driving home reminiscing on a really good class. After that I'll be back home, cramming for my Organic Chemistry II final on Tuesday. And then it will be over!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment